0 | Posted on
- 2.5cm piece of ginger, peeled and finely shredded into matchsticks
- 1 large orange
- 150g golden caster sugar
- 600g fresh or frozen cranberries
- a good splash of Tawny Port
- Use a micro-plane to zest the orange.
- Halve and juice the orange.
- Put the orange juice and sugar into a shallow saucepan and boil gently until you get an amber-orange caramel.
- Scatter the zest and ginger into the caramel, cook for 1 min, then tip in the cranberries and Port.
- Cook everything on a high heat for 5 mins until the cranberries are starting to split but still have texture.
- Leave to cool and put into clean jars