0 | Posted on
This recipe is based on a Hairy Dieters recipe, that has been adapted to be gluten free, and also give a bit more oomph! to the bread coating. Very tasty and only about 300 calories per portion. Serves two but can easily be doubled up.
- 2 slices (approx. 50g) of Gluten Free Bread, such as DS GF Fibre Sliced Loaf
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp chilli flakes (optional)
- 1 tsp flaked sea salt
- ¼ tsp (approx) ground black pepper
- 1 clove of garlic, finely grated or crushed
- 25g Parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 2 tbsp low fat natural yoghurt
- 2 tbsp Doves Farm GF Plain Flour
- 2 boneless, skinless, chicken breasts - about 160g each
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/Fan 200°C/Gas 7.
- Place the bread on a large baking tray lined with baking parchment and toast until pale golden brown.
- Leave to cool for 5 minutes, and tear the bread into large pieces.
- Put half the bread in a food processor and blitz into crumbs.
- Add the crushed/grated garlic and the rest of the bread and blitz again - this helps the garlic to spread evenly through the bread
- Tip these into a large bowl and toss with the oregano, paprika, (and chilli, if used) , salt and Parmesan cheese then season with lots of black pepper.
- Put the crumb mixture on a dinner plate.
- Spoon the yoghurt into a bowl and sprinkle the flour on another dinner plate.
- Put the chicken breasts between two sheets of cling film and flatten them a little by tapping them with a rolling pin - don't hit them too hard otherwise you can pulverise them and end up with chicken paste!
- Take a chicken breast and coat it lightly in the flour, shaking off any excess, then dip it into the yoghurt until evenly covered.
- Then place the chicken on the plate of crumb mix and press so you get thickish crust all over. Repeat with the pther breast
- Transfer the chicken carefully to the lined baking tray.
- Bake the chicken for 22-25 minutes until golden, crisp and cooked through.
- Leave to stand for 4-5 minutes before serving with some fresh green salad.