0 | Posted on
I love these koftas! They are best grilled on a charcoal barbecue, but a hot grill or griddle pan can be used instead.
- 500g lean lamb mince
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tbsp chopped mint leaves
- 1 pinch chilli flakes
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp Ras El Hanout spice mix
- 2 tbsp of shelled pistachio nuts crushed up finely
- 2 cloves of garlic finely chopped
- ½ tsp Sea salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Soak some bamboo skewers in water, for a couple of hours. This will stop them catching fire when you grill them.
- Mix all the ingredients together, ensuring that everything is evenly mixed, and leave in the fridge for a couple of hours to let the flavour develop.
- With wet hands divide the mixture into 12 'sausages' (roughly 40g each) and insert a bamboo skewer into each one.
- These are best cooked on a charcoal barbeque, but a hot grill or griddle pan can be used instead.
- Cook until golden brown on all sides