0 | Posted on
Another really easy and extraordinarily tasty toasted sandwich. Great for lunch or a snack. All you need is a small pear, some fruity cheese and some simple ingredients. Oh, and of course, an avocado!
- 1 perfectly ripe avocado
- 1 spring onion
- some crumbled Gorgonzola dolce chees - or a similar fruity cheese of your choice
- a small pear, peeled and sliced
- 2 thick slices of wholemeal nut bread ( or your favourite bread)
- 1 clove of garlic
- some extra virgin olive oil
- salt and white pepper
- crumbled walnuts for garnish
- Cut the avocado in half lengthways and remove the stone.
- Scoop out the flesh from the skin into a bowl and mash it up with a fork. Don't over mash it - leave a bit of texture in the avocado flesh.
- Finely chop the spring onion, and mix this into the avocado flesh, along with a little salt and pepper for seasoning,
- Lightly toast the bread slices.
- Cut the garlic clove in half, and rub each half across one of the toast slices. Sprinkle each slice with a little olive oil.
- Spread the avocado flesh on each slice of toasted bread.
- Add some slices of pear and crumbles of cheese on top of the avocado.
- Garnish with crumbled walnuts, and finish with another sprinkle of olive oil.
Leave a Comment