0 | Posted on
These Chocolate Fondants are absolutely gorgeous! A chocolate cake case, filled with hot, silky chocolate sauce. One is not enough! Serve with Vanilla ice cream or a quenelle┬ of whipped vanilla cream. Serves 6.
- 15g cocoa powder
- 15 g caster sugar
- 15g melted butter
- 125g of unsalted butter, plus extra for greasing
- 150g of caster sugar
- 125g of dark chocolate
- 3 large eggs
- 35g of flour
- Mix the cocoa powder with the 15g caster sugar
- Lightly coat 6 metal ramekins with the melted butter and chill in the freezer for 5 minutes.
- Give the ramekins a second coat of melted butter and sprinkle the insides with the cocoa and sugar mixture.
- Preheat the oven to 200C┬░/Gas mark 6 and put a baking sheet in the oven.
- Melt the butter and chocolate in a bowl set over a pan of simmering water.
- Whisk the eggs and the 150g of sugar together for a minute or two in a bowl, until it is light, fluffy, and slightly thickened.
- Now add the flour and whisk into the mixture.
- Finally gently whisk in the melted chocolate mixture until it is incorporated evenly.
- Pour into the prepared ramekins, filling them tw0-thirds full, and put them on the heated baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes, the mixture should rise, with the top slightly cracked like a biscuit - the centres should still be runny.
- Leave the chocolate fondants to rest for a minute or so before serving.
- Ease around the inside of each ramekin with a sharp knife to loosen the fondant, and carefully tip onto a serving plate.
Leave a Comment