0 | Posted on
This will probably be the hottest hot sauce you have ever tasted. A little goes a long way. Makes about 1.5 litres. Warning: Do not breathe the fumes when you remove the lid of the food processor.
- 40 Scotch Bonnet chillies, stemmed
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 20 garlic cloves, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 3 teaspoon molasses
- 50ml honey dissolved in 100ml warm water
- 2 teaspoon turmeric
- Juice of 6 fresh limes
- 200ml tomato pasata
- 250ml distilled white vinegar
- 2 tablespoon salt, or to taste
- 6 tablespoons Dijon-style mustard
- Combine all the ingredients in a food processor and purée until smooth.
- Correct the seasoning, adding more salt or molasses to taste.
- Transfer the sauce to clean bottles or jars. You can use it right away, but the flavour will improve if you let it age for a few days.
- Inferno Hot Sauce will keep almost indefinitely, refrigerated or at room temperature. Just give it a good shake before using.