0 | Posted on
This is a quick and easy pickle that goes great with any barbecued foods such as steak, burgers, pork or lamb kebabs. Serves 4-6.
The pickle liquor
- 400 ml distilled malt vinegar
- 5 tbsp golden caster sugar
- ½ tsp coriander seeds
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- ½ tsp brown mustard seeds
- ½ tsp flaked sea salt
- 1 small red chilli, finely sliced
- 1 red onion, peeled halved and thinly sliced
- ¼ of a cucumber, halved lengthways and thinly sliced
- 50g fine green beans, cut into 2cm lengths and blanched for 3 minutes in boiling water
- 1 small carrot, peeled and halved lengthways and thinly sliced
- 50g shredded white cabbage
- (or any other vegetables you fancy)
- Put the vinegar, sugar, salt and spices in a small saucepan. Bring to the boil whilst stirring, cover and simmer gently for about 10 minutes to infuse the spices.
- Put the prepared vegetables in a bowl pour the hot vinegar and spices over them.
- Cover and allow to cool.
- When cool, keep in the refrigerator for up to a week.
Leave a Comment