0 | Posted on
ByXanthe Clay Mens perk:use two sheets of filo, one on top of the other
Ingredients (for 1 person)
- 200g small shallots (not the large banana shallots) (40 cals)
- 1 tsp olive oil (40 cals)
- 1 tsp cumin seed (1 cal)
- a 300g aubergine (45 cals)
- 200g baby plum tomatoes (34 cals)
- a small clove of garlic, crushed (3 cals)
- ½ tsp fresh thyme leaves (0 cals)
- 1 sheet of filo pastry (49 cals) plus ½ tsp olive oil (20 cals)
- 1 tbsp Greek yogurt (17 cals)
- 3-4 basil leaves (1 cal)
Total 250 calories
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6.
- Cut the shallots into quarters and peel off the papery skin. Put them in a large roasting tin lined with non-stick parchment and toss in the 1 tsp olive oil and most of the cumin (keep a pinch back for the pastry). Cut the aubergine into olive-sized chunks and mix them in.
- Put the roasting tin in the oven and cook for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, halve the tomatoes.
- Mix the tomatoes, garlic and thyme in with the shallots and aubergines and cook for another 15 minutes.
- Lay the sheet of pastry on a baking sheet lined with non-stick parchment. Brush with ½ tsp oil and sprinkle with the last of the cumin seed. Crumple up the edges lightly to make a nest about the size of a side plate. Bake for about 4 minutes, until golden and crisp.
- Pile the shallot and aubergine mixture into the nest. Mix the yogurt with 1-2 tbsp water to make a pouring consistency. Drizzle over the tart and top with basil leaves.