(you can substitute grated carrot for banana ? and then it will be a Carrot cake!)
- 2 large eggs
- 4 ozs /120 gms plain flour
- 4 ozs /120gms sugar
- 4 ozs /120gms butter
- 2 level tsp baking powder
- 3 medium ripe bananas
- 1 oz/30gms walnuts
- 1 oz/30gms dates and/or
- 1 oz/30gms raisins
- Pre-heat oven to 190°C.
- Mix sugar and butter and mix until smooth and fluffy
- Add 1 egg, and mix.
- Add 1 tbsp flour and mix again.
- Add other egg and gradually rest of the flour and baking powder.
- Mash up bananas and mix in
- Add walnuts, dates ( and raisins if used)
- Grease a cake/loaf tin and pour in mixture.
- Cook for 25-30 minutes until a skewer comes out clean.