Asparagus with garlicy, mozzarella cheese is the best side dish to any meal!
• 1 bunch asparagus spears, woody ends removed
• 3 tablespoons olive oil
• 2 cloves garlic, finely grated
• 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
• 1/4 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
• 60g shredded mozzarella cheese
• 25g parmesan cheese, grated
- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil.
- Add the asparagus and blanch it for 2 minutes.
- Immediately remove the asparagus from the boiling water and plunge it into a bowl of iced water. Leave for 5 minutes.
- Remove and drain onto kitchen paper.
- Arrange the asparagus on a grill tray.
- In a small bowl mix together olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper. Drizzle the oil mixture over the asparagus and toss to evenly coat.
- Mix the cheeses together and sprinkle over the asparagus.
- Heat the grill and grill until the cheese melts and becomes golden (about 4-5 minutes).
- Adjust salt and pepper, if needed. Serve immediately.