Chicken and Sweet Potato Korma
This is a quick and simple to cook curry dish that has lots of creamy, curry flavour and very little chilli heat.
- 2 banana shallots, peeled and sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely sliced
- 2 tbsp of our Korma paste or use a shop bought Korma curry paste
- 2 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2cm pieces
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1cm cubes
- 4 tbsp red lentils.
- 300ml chicken stock
- 400ml coconut milk
- 150g frozen peas
- 1 tbsp groundnut oil
- sea salt and black pepper for seasoning.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick sauté pan over a medium heat, and cook the chicken pieces for 2-3 minutes until they take on a little colour.
- Now add the shallots and garlic, stir, and cook for a further 1 minute.
- Add the curry paste, sweet potatoes, and lentils, and stir until everything is coated, and cook for 2 minutes.
- Pour the stock and coconut milk into the pan, mix well and bring to a simmer. Cover and cook for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- After 20 minutes the sauce should have thickened; now add the peas and cook for 3 more minutes.
- Check the seasoning and add salt and pepper as necessary.
- Serve with steamed green beans and basmati rice or Indian bread.