Haddock Fish Cakes
- 450g cooked smoked haddock
- 450g mashed potatoes
- 1 hard boiled egg, finely chopped
- 25g melted butter
- 1 tbsp tartare sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 10 turns of a black pepper mill
- 50 g (2 oz) seasoned flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 150 g (5 oz) fresh white breadcrumbs
- Break the cooked fish into small pieces removing all the skin and bones.
- Mix the mashed potatoes with the chopped boiled egg and melted butter, tartare sauce, parsley, and the salt and pepper.
- Mould the mixture into fish cakes using your hands and a palette knife.
- Coat each cake with flour, then beaten egg, then breadcrumbs
- Shallow or deep-fry as you prefer.
- Serve hot with a green vegetable or a salad