- 2 large eggs
- 240 g self raising flour
- 1 level tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 120 g caster sugar
- 120 g margarine
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp milk
- 180 g dried fruit of choice
- 2 tbsp marmalade
- 6o g cherries
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C.
- Place flour and salt in a bowl and rub in the margarine
- Add sugar and fruit.
- Beat together eggs and milk in another bowl
- Add the egg and milk mixture to the flour and margarine mixture
- Mix until it reaches a soft dropping consistency
- Grease a 7inch/18cm cake tin and pour in mixture.
- Cook for 1 - 1¼ hours until a skewer comes clean.
- Take out of the oven and rest fro 10 minutes