ByXanthe Clay Men's perk:a slice of pancetta, cooked as in the scallops recipe, or 40g more liver.
Ingredients (for 1 person)
- 300g green beans (75 cals)
- 50g chicken liver (thats about 1 whole liver) (58 cals)
- ¼ tsp olive oil (10 cals)
- 4 thin spring onions, thinly sliced (40g) (13 cals)
- 1 tbsp soy sauce (10 cals)
- 1 tsp olive oil (40 cals)
- ¼ tsp wine or cider vinegar (0 cals)
- a few drops of chilli sauce (optional)
Total: 206 calories
- Steam the green beans until just done then cool under the tap.
- Check the liver for any white membranes or greenish spots and cut them out.
- Preheat the grill. Run the liver over with the ¼ tsp olive oil. Spread out the lobes of the liver and grill it for about two minutes on each side until lightly browned. Leave to cool.
- Mix the dressing ingredients. Toss the beans and spring onion in the dressing.
- Thinly slice the liver (a ceramic knife is the best implement) and mix through the salad.