Hoisin and Honey Ribs
Try these sticky, and tasty spare ribs. They are so delicious you will wish you had made more! Serves 2.
- 1kg British pork spare ribs
- 150ml Hoisin Sauce
- 2 tbsp clear honey
- 1 tsp English mustard
- 4 tbsp cider or white wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp tomato ketchup
- ½ tsp 5 spice powder
- Preheat the oven to 200°C / Fan 180°C.
- Whisk the ingredients together and spoon over the ribs and marinate for at least 2 hours.
- Line a large roasting tin with a double layer of foil (this makes it much easier to clean) and place the ribs inside, on a rack if you have one.
- Cover the roasting tin with foil and bake in the oven for 45 minutes.
- Remove the covering foil and discard. Turn the ribs, then return them to the oven for a further 30 minutes or until they are dark golden brown and sticky.
- Baste occasionally as they cook.
- If the ribs are not colouring, increase the oven to 220°C, gas mark 7, for the final 10 minutes of cooking time.
- Serve immediately, with plenty of kitchen paper to hand for wiping sticky fingers.