Honey and Chilli Dip
- 1 small red onion finely chopped
- 1 small red pepper finely chopped
- 1 small pepper yellow finely chopped
- 0.5 litre tomato passata
- 1 tbs honey
- ½ tsp Harissa paste ( use less or more as you wish)
- salt and pepper to taste
- oil for frying
- Fry the onion for a couple of minutes then and the peppers. Gently stir-fry these until soft.
- Add the Harissa and mix with the onion and peppers. Fry gently for a minute.
- Add the passata and the honey. Simmer gently for about 10 minutes.
- The aim is to simmer the mixture slowly, until it thickens to a consistency of a thick dip. Add a splash of water if it gets too thick.