- 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp red wine or sherry vinegar
- a sprinkling of red chilli flakes ( how much is up to you)
- a good pinch of dried oregano
- half a clove of garlic, finely grated
- pinch of sea salt
- a few twists of black pepper
- a flat dish big enough to fit the steak
- steak of your choice - 2 fillets or a large sirloin, work well
- a little olive oil
- a warm serving dish
- Mix together all the dressing ingredients in the flat dish.
- Oil the steak lightly on both sides and cook in a smoking hot non-stick saute pan, or a ridged grill pan, for 2-3 minutes each side. I like mine about 3 minutes which comes out medium rare - depends on the thickness of the steak.
- Place the cooked steak in the dressing dish.
- After 2 minutes turn it over, and leave for another 2 minutes. The juices of the steak will mix in with the dressing.
- Slice the steak into diagonal, cross-wise slices, arrange on the serving dish and drizzle some of the dressing and juices over the steak.
- Serve with salad and home made oven chips.