- 1 kil0 of pork shoulder, cubed
- 3 rashers smoked bacon, chopped
- 2 medium white onions
- zest of a lemon
- juice of a Clementine
- 12 of sage leaves
- breadcrumbs made with 3 or thick slices of stale white bread
- 1/2 a grated nutmeg
- sea salt and pepper
- a vacuum pack of chestnuts
- Blitz the bread in a food processor and add them to a mixing bowl
- Add the pork, bacon, lemon zest, sage leaves, nutmeg, and a good seasoning of salt and pepper to the food processor and mince into a coarse mince. Add this to the mixing bowl.
- Quarter the onions and blitz these in the food processor and add them to the mixing bowl
- Add the juice to the mixing bowl and mix together all the ingredients using your hands until thoroughly mixed.
- If you wish check the seasoning by frying a teaspoon of the mix - correct seasoning if necessary.
- Split the stuffing into two portions.
- Use one portion to stuff the neck cavity of the turkey.
- Now roughly break up the chestnuts and mix these into the second portion.
- Put this into a greased baking dish and cook in the oven with the roast potatoes.
- Should take about 50 minutes but check after 30 minutes.