This is a tasty and nutritious soup, that is also low in calories so is ideal for inclusion in many diet plans, including the 5:2 Diet.
Makes approximately 6 servings of 250ml. Each serving having 65 calories.
- 2 shallots, peeled and chopped
- 3 medium carrots
- 2 peeled sticks celery
- 100g fine green beans
- 1 courgette
- 50g broccoli florets
- 100g mushrooms
- 3 big cloves garlic, crushed
- 1tsp minced fresh ginger
- Large pinch dried mixed herbs
- 1 organic beef stock cube
- 1 tbs tomato puree
- 1 litre boiling water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chop veg to roughly same size and add all the ingredients to a large pan.
- Cook gently until all veg are soft - about 20 minutes
- Take a few veg out with slotted spoon (optional).
- Whizz with a stick blender, season to taste, replace saved veg.