- 500g lean mince beef
- 1 large onion, grated
- 1 tsp. finely chopped oregano or marjoram
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 30 gm of grated parmesan cheese
- 75 gm fresh bread crumbs
- 1 beaten egg
- flour for rolling
- a little oil for frying
- Gently fry the onion in a little oil until soft, and allow to cool when done
- Mix together all the ingredients.
- Using wet hands roll the mixture into small balls.
- Roll the balls in flour and fry in batches until brown.
- Make a quantity of tomato sauce.
- Add meatballs to sauce and cook for 15 minutes.