A simple dish that uses the Middle Eastern herb mix, Zaatar, and mingles it with the Middle Eastern spice mix, Ras El Hanout, to give a wonderfully fragrant and tasty meal. Try serving it with a couscous salad.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp Za'atar
- 1 tsp Ras El Hanout
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 4 chicken thigh and leg joints
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oven to 180C fan.
- Mix together the Za'atar, Ras El Hanout, and paprika with the olive oil.
- Rub the chicken joints with the Za'atar, Ras El Hanout, paprika, and oil mix.
- Put chicken in an ovenproof tray season with salt an pepper and bake for 20 minutes.
- Turn over the chicken, baste with the juices and cook for a further 15 minutes or until done.