- 8ozs gram flour
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp chilli powder
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- 1 tbps salt
- 2 large onions cut in half and thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp finely chopped coriander
- 7 fl0z water
- oil for deep frying
- Sieve the gram flour into a bowl into a large bowl then mix in all the remaining dry ingredients together with the onion and coriander.
- Gradually add the water mixing thoroughly to form a thick batter and the onions are well coated.
- Heat oil to a medium heat.
- Drop heaped teaspoons of the mixture into the oil. Fry batches of a few at a time for about 5 minutes until golden brown. Don?t make them too big or the centre will not cook.
- Drain on kitchen paper.