ByXanthe Clay Mens perk:the meat from a small, skinless cooked chicken thigh (35g or so) shredded.
Ingredients (for 1 person)
- 1 sheet (60g) Ramen or Chinese egg noodles (108 cals)
- ½ tsp sesame seeds (8 cals)
- 1 sachet of miso soup (27 cals)
- 1 tsp mirin (7 cals)
- 1 tbsp Japanese soy sauce (10 cals)
- ½ tsp grated root ginger (1 cal)
- 50g spring cabbage thinly sliced (12 cals)
- 50g beansprouts (14 cals)
- 50g carrot (15 cals)
- 50g shiitake mushrooms, sliced (20 cals)
Total: 222 cals
- Cook the noodles according to the instructions on the packet, put them in a sieve and cool under the tap.
- Toast the sesame seeds in a hot dry frying pan until golden. Squeeze the gunky contents of the miso soup sachet into a saucepan with 500ml boiling water. Add the soy sauce, mirin and ginger and bring to the boil.
- Meanwhile, shave the carrot into long ribbons with a potato peeler.
- Add the cabbage to the soup pan and simmer for a minute. Add the carrot and mushrooms and simmer for another minute. Stir in the beansprouts.
- Drain the noodles and put them in the bottom of a large soup bowl. Pour over the contents of the pan. Sprinkle with the sesame seeds and serve.