This gorgeous, sweet and nutty puree, compliments many dishes, but we particularly enjoy it with fish, such as Pan Seared Halibut.
- ½ a large butternut squash, peeled and cut into 2cm cubes
- 2 tbsp crème fraiche
- a little olive oil for roasting
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the oven to 200°C/180°C/400°F.
- Put the squash in a roasting tray, sprinkle with olive oil, and mix it around to ensure that all the squash is coated in a bit of oil.
- Roast for 35-40 minutes, until the squash is soft on the inside and just starting to crisp on the outside.
- Set it aside to cool for 10 minutes and then put it in a food processor.
- Add the crème fraiche and a good seasoning of salt and freshly ground black pepper, and whiz until it is very smooth.
- Serve as a side dish with your favourite meal