Smoked Haddock Rarebit
This is a tasty and nutritious dish - almost too nice to be low calorie!
(for 1 person)
- ½ egg
- 50g low fat cheddar
- Pepper, mustard, Worcester sauce
- 20 ml skimmed milk
- 100g fresh spinach
- 150g smoked haddock
- 1tbs chopped Chives 0 cal
Total 355 calories
- Wrap the haddock in foil and bake in the oven for 10 minutes at 170c. If you prefer, you can poach the haddock gently in a little milk for just a few minutes or grill it on one side only. Your aim is not to cook the fish through, just to start the cooking process.
- Make up the rarebit mixture by beating the egg with mustard, Worcester sauce and chives. Then add in the cheese and mix well. Add milk as necessary so that you have a thickish mixture you can spread over the fish.
- Line a baking tray with foil and lay the haddock pieces on the foil. Spread the rarebit mixture over the fish and put back in the oven for 10 minutes
- If necessary, brown the rarebit under a hot grill for a few minutes before serving.
- Serve with steamed spinach