Sweet and hot - goes great with all Asian foods, cold and grilled meat, fish and seafood. Makes about 1 litre.
- 250 gm fresh red chillies (a medium hot variety)
- 1 tbsp ginger, grated
- 750 ml white vinegar
- 6 cloves garlic
- 2-3 tsp salt, adjust to taste
- 500gm sugar
- 300 gm sultanas
- De-seed chillies.
- Put chillies and vinegar in a blender and purée.
- Place all ingredients in a heavy bottomed pan and simmer until sultanas and chillies are cooked and soft.
- Allow to cool. Make a purée in a blender.
- Store in sterilised bottles.