This creamy sweetcorn soup is perfect for lunch, serve with slices of cheese on toast to make it more filling.
• 2 tbsp olive oil
• 50g butter
• 2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely finely chopped
• 2 banana shallots, peeled and finely sliced
• 200g potato, peeled and cut into small cubes
• 300g sweetcorn
• 750ml hot chicken or vegetable stock
• 50ml double cream
• salt and freshly ground black pepper
• 1 tsp fresh chives, finely chopped
1. Heat the olive oil with the butter in a frying pan over a medium heat. Once the butter has melted add the garlic, shallots and potato and sauté for five minutes, until softened.
2. Add the sweetcorn and continue to cook for two more minutes.
3. Add the stock, bring to the boil, then reduce the heat to simmer for 10-12 minutes, until the potato has cooked through.
4. Stir in the cream and season, to taste, with salt and freshly ground black pepper, then pour into a food processor and blend until smooth. (or use a blender stick in the saucepan. )
To serve, pour into a warm bowl and garnish a sprinkle of chives