The lentil, vegetable and mushroom base in this recipe is tasty and filling but low in fat. WW Points: 10 Total -Serves: 4
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 200g carrots, finely diced
- 1 stick celery, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely diced
- 250g chestnut mushrooms, chopped
- 400g can Chopped Tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 400g can Green Lentils, drained and rinsed
- 300g sweet potato (peeled weight), cut into even-size pieces
- 300g potato (peeled weight), cut into even-size pieces
- 1 tbsp reduced-fat creme fraiche
- 100ml water if the mixture is a bit dry
- dash of Henderson's Relish
- 1/2 tsp of balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp Marigold vegetable stock powder
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 200C
- Heat the oil in a pan and cook the onion and garlic over a medium heat until soft.
- Add the carrots and celery, and stir well. Cover and cook over a low heat, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, until the juices run.
- Increase the heat and cook, stirring often, until the juices evaporate.
- Add the tomatoes, tomato puree, thyme and lentils, Henderson's, balsamic vinegar, stock powder, and the water if needed. Simmer, stirring occasionally with a spoon, for 15 minutes.
- Transfer the mixture to a baking dish.
- Cook the sweet potatoes and potatoes until tender.
- Drain and mash with the creme fraiche.
- Put on top of the mushroom and lentil mixture.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes.