- 25g butter
- 2 small shallots, very finely chopped
- 1 stick celery, very finely chopped
- ½ glass dry white wine
- 300ml vegetable stock
- 1 bay leaf
- 75ml single cream
- 1 85g pack watercress, chopped
- Melt the butter in a saucepan and gently fry the finely chopped shallots and celery for 2-3 minutes until tender.
- Add the wine, stock and bay leaf and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove the bay leaf, pour in the cream and chopped watercress, heat through
- Liquidise, season to taste and serve.