- 4 heaped tbsp plain flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 free-range eggs, beaten
- 275ml/10fl oz full-fat milk
- 2 tbsp goose fat
- Preheat the oven to 220°C, gas 7.
- Sieve the flour with the salt into a bowl and make a well in the centre.
- Gradually work in the beaten eggs, then whisk in the milk - the consistency should be like single cream.
- Leave the batter to stand for at least an hour.
- You'll need some Yorkshire pudding tins, either individual ones or one big tin.
- Put the goose fat into your Yorkshire pudding tin and put it in the oven for at least 5 mins, until it's smoking hot.
- Give the batter a stir, quickly pour it into the tin and watch it sizzle!
- Quickly put the tin into the oven and bake for about 30 mins or until the pudding has risen to golden-brown perfection.