The Best Burger Recipe – Ever!
This is my favourite burger recipe, that works equally well, with either beef or lamb. I personally think that lamb burgers are much tastier that beef burgers, but I have tried both and they are both delicious.
- 1 medium banana shallot, finely chopped
- 500g lean lamb or beef steak mince
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely grated
- 1 tsp fresh thyme, finely chopped (or ½ tsp dried thyme)
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp Henderson’s Relish
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard:
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- Add a little oil to a non stick sauté pan and gently cook the shallot until it is soft, but not browned, and put aside to cool for five minutes.
- Add the cooked shallot, the other ingredients, (not the oil) and the salt and pepper, to a mixing bowl, and mix them well using clean hands.
- Tip: To check the seasoning is OK, fry a teaspoon full of the mixture in the non stick sauté pan in which you cooked the shallots. Adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Wet your hands and shape the mixture into four patties.
- Put them in the fridge for a couple of hours to let the flavours develop.
- Brush them with olive oil before cooking them on a hot barbecue or grill pan for five minutes each side. Turn them only once.
- Rest on a warm plate before serving with your favourite accompaniments.